Frequently asked questions
What is Microblading?
Microblading is a technique performed by manually depositing cosmetic pigment under the top layer of the skin using a microblade. This microblading technique involves drawing individual, crisp hair strokes that create beautiful, natural, subtle looking brows that accurately replicate hair.
How long does it last?
Results can last anywhere from 6 to 18 months, depending on a variety of factors such as skin type, age, color of pigment and lifestyle and skincare.
Is this painful?
Pain during the treatment is relative. Scared clients usually feel stronger pain, while the other clients compare such pain with the one that they feel when plucking out their eyebrows. In addition, with women having period there is an increased sensitivity to pain, so it is not recommended to do the treatment while ladies have their period. It is possible to use light anesthetics, in the form of cream or liquid, to completely eliminate pain during the treatment
How long does the procedure take?
Typically the appointment takes 3 hours and most of the time is spent measuring and going over the shape and color before the actual procedure begins.
Is this a safe procedure?
How long is recovery time?
There is no downtime, however the brow will take about 10 days to fully heal. You are able to walk right out the door, ready to show off your new brows. Initially stronger in color your new brows will soften in 2-3 weeks.
How do I take care of my new brows?
After your eyebrow microblading treatment, the area will feel like a sunburn and the hair strokes will look very dark and sharp. Over the next two days it will appear even darker and thicker as scabs begin to form. Depending on your skin, it takes anywhere from 7-14 days for scabbing to be over. Your goal is to keep the scabs CLEAN, DRY and ON for as long as possible! The longer the scabs stay on for, the more crisp and even the strokes will be.
Repeat the steps below 3-5 times or so until you go to sleep.
NEXT 10-14 DAYS:
Repeat the steps below twice a day, morning and night (at a minimum of 10 days or continue until scabs are completely gone)
• Once the flakes have fallen off, layer of healing skin will cover the hair strokes. The pigment may look foggy as if the tattooed area has faded into a milky color. Over the next several weeks, the hair strokes will slowly reappear and become more vibrant so please be patient. You may apply makeup over the area during this phase.
• The complete healing process takes about 6 weeks, at which time the true color of the tattoo is evident. It is only after 6 weeks that your touch-up/adjustment can be done. Any earlier can damage the skin and cause scarring.
Please note that hair strokes will be lighter and not as crisp after healed. Results do vary depending on your skin and specific results cannot be guaranteed.
• The first appointment is about building hair strokes, structure, and design. One session will give you a more natural look and a perfect guideline for filling in with makeup if necessary.
• Your touch-up is about seeing how the skin heals and retains pigment as well as making any necessary adjustments such as; shape, symmetry, density, color, layering, or filling in gaps.
• Your free touch-up cannot be booked any sooner than 6 weeks or any later than 8 weeks.
ONCE FULLY HEALED:
• Wear Sunscreen! Exposure to the sun over time can cause premature fading and discoloration of the pigment. You can wear large sunglasses and a hat for further protection.
• Rinse and dry the area thoroughly when in contact with chlorine or salt water.
• Benzoyl Peroxide, Hydrogen Peroxide, Glycolic acid and face peel / skin lightening products must be kept away from the tattooed area as continued use could lighten the pigment resulting in a bleached out color.
• If you are having laser resurfacing or laser hair removal after your tattoo has healed, please inform the laser technician. Continue at your own discretion. Laser procedures may darken, lighten, or discolor the tattooed area.
• This treatment is only meant to last 1-2 years depending on your skin and lifestyle. Touch-ups will be necessary.
• If you have oily skin, an iron deficiency, or a very strong immune system, your pigment will not last as long as others. If this is your case, you may have to come back earlier for touch-ups.
• Oily skin will not heal as crisp as dry skin.
• If you are trying to fix a tattoo done previously by another artist, the final results may not completely hide the previous work. You may need additional appointments to have better results.
• 70% of your final result depends on your aftercare!
Following these guidelines is extremely important for the healed results of your Cosmetic Tattoo.
Please DO NOT apply other products or follow another artists’ aftercare instructions. Through personal experience and research, these instructions will give you the best results for my technique.
• In the next 10 days, maintain facial hygiene and apply the cream after washing your face or taking a shower. PhiShield can be used on all skin types, due to its natural active components that regulate oiling. It’s normal for colors to 20 – 40% the first week.
What is to be avoided:
During the first 10 days all creams (except for the phishield), all make-up (foundation) in the eyebrow area. Avoid workouts that involve a lot of sweating (salt will draw out the pigment), sauna, facial massage and steaming – inhalation. DO NOT pick scabs if they appear. DO NOT itch the brow area. Leave your brows alone and be very gentle caring for them. Always pat dry, and let them heal for at least 10 days.
In the next 30 days:
Sunbathing, solarium, light therapies, chemical peelings, fruit acids, microdermabrasion, creams that contain regeneration factors.
Always avoid laser treatments over the treated area (fraxel laser, IPL), because they can destroy the pigment and cause burns.
Use of antibiotics and hormonal therapy can lead to a faster pigment fading. Always protect the eyebrows from the sun with SPFs (not during the first 10 days).
How do I prepare for my appointment?
• Do NOT drink alcohol or coffee or any caffeinated drinks before the procedure (at least 24hrs for alcohol)
• If you have recently tanned this will affect the outcome of the healed color.
• If you’ve had laser removal of previous work done by someone else, the treated area has now more scar tissue and can affect the outcome of the result. More treatments may be necessary to have the skin take the color.
• Avoid exercising the day of procedure as this will open up the pores.
• Please note that you will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
• No waxing, threading or tinting 3 days before
• Immediately following your procedure, the tattooed area will appear to be darker and bolder in color and more sharply defined. Over the next 2 days it will appear even darker and thicker as scabs begin to form. You must let the scabs naturally flake off bit by bit. It will take up to 14 days for scabbing to be over.
• You may NOT get the area wet for too long or apply any kind of products (except what I provide for your aftercare) for at least 10 days after. NO makeup on the area for 2 weeks.
What if I have permanent makeup on my brows already? or microblading?
We can not guarantee a desired result and require a consultation before making an appointment. There is a possibity that will not perform a service if we can not give you a satisfactory result.